Master Builders’ Association of Western Pennsylvania, Inc. (MBA) negotiates the building construction labor contracts with four (4) different crafts covering commercial, institutional, multi-family residential, and industrial across the southwest counties in the state of Pennsylvania. These agreements are with the Carpenters, Laborers, Cement Masons, and Operating Engineers.
General Contractor members shall designate their bargaining rights to MBA for at least two (2) of the four (4).
Specialty Contractor members shall designate their bargaining rights to MBA for at least one (1) of the Association labor contracts or otherwise be in signed agreement with another building trade union.
Our members benefit from access to two highly respected national professional organizations:
- The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) – MBA is the local chapter of AGC and members can access information on Human Resources, Labor, other chapters across the country, and national resources.
- The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) – MBA is a Local Employer Organization (LEO) of TAUC. As a LEO member, we have access to other LEO members across the country and the many resources that TAUC provides. TAUC also has long-standing relationships with the National Building Trades and all of the General Presidents.
MBA also provides the following services for its members:
- Appoints Trustees to represent management on many Taft-Hartley Funds
- Maintains the wage, fringe benefit rates, and expiration dates for all local trades
- Participates in the labor / management organization, Builders Guild of Western Pennsylvania
- Arranges Pre-Job Conferences, especially for projects working under the National Maintenance Agreement (NMA)
- Participates in the Western Pennsylvania Construction Industry Drug-Free Partnership, along with all MBA affiliated trades: Carpenters, Laborers, Cement Masons, and Operating Engineers.